Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I can't believe it has been two weeks!

I'm so sorry loyal followers! You have no idea how busy these last two weeks have been!

I'll give you a quick update so you know I haven't forgotten about you - I'm hoping to post a delish baked Salmon recipe that I did later this week!

My last two weeks have been full of:

Dan and I at my cousin, Sarah's wedding!


Getting an apartment secured for Dan and I!

This is a huge accomplishment for us - one of the things that held us back from getting married for so long was not being able to afford some place to live - well now we have a place and we are moving forward!

Starting on my wedding dress!

If you don't know already - my talented aunt is actually making my wedding dress! We got started on it this last week - and I don't of course have pictures to share - but it is going to be gorgeous!

Printing out wedding invitations!

With the wedding just over 2 months away it was time to start on the printing of all the invites - I decided to save money this way instead of ordering them online. My Grammie, Dan and I finished printing them last week - this week invitation assembly!

 My cousin Rebecca and her soon-to-be hubby, Phillip

Attending my cousins bridal shower!

As you know one of my cousins, Sarah got married in June - one of my other cousins Rebecca is getting married in August, and her bridal shower was this month! It was so much fun to celebrate with Rebecca, I even got to make Nutella cookies - which went over quite well!

My sister, Amanda, and her soon-to-be hubby, John!

Planning Amanda's bridal shower!

My beautiful sister Amanda is getting married 5 weeks after me, and I have started planning her garden themed bridal shower - I'm so excited about being able to throw this party for her!

My custom thank you cards - thanks Jackie!


Writing "Thank You" letters!

My awesome friend Jackie from My Paper Moose made me the cutest custom thank you notes for my bridal shower! Jackie and I have been friends since high school. A couple years back she married her sweetheart and I got to help her out by photographing - now she is helping me out by making me some beautiful cards! I was so in love with the cards - I almost didn't want to send them out - but I got them all done and they are on their way! A big thanks to Jackie for all the time and effort she put in to making these cards really special!


Finishing the book, "The Giver"

Our newest book club book was "The Giver" I remember reading this book in elementary school - but I didn't remember anything about it. I just finished it up this week and I enjoyed it - although it's quite sad, it really is worth reading. Check it out!

Anyways - I'm not trying to make excuses but I haven't forgotten about you - I've just been working on keeping my head above water these past couple of weeks! Keep an eye out for that Salmon recipe - you will love it!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful two weeks! I'm so excited for you with all of the wonderful things you have coming up! Doesn't having your apartment make it feel so much more real? Yay!!!

    I LOVE The Giver! If you haven't read the other two books in the series, I'd love to lend them to you. You know, so you can read them with all your spare time ;-)

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete